The right image for the job
The School of Natural Skincare provides courses for pros and hobbyists alike. They are a trusted resource for reliable information on making skincare and haircare products at home or as a business. They believe in sharing information generously with their readers, even those not on a course.
They publish articles weekly.
Publishing so much quality content takes time, so they asked for help uploading blog posts and creating images. The images need to be:
- consistent with their established branding
- shareable on several channels (blog, Facebook and Pinterest. Instagram may follow.)
- consistent with their brand values
- eye-catching and evocative
- related to the topic
- Discovery call to discuss brief
- Review existing images in light of discussion
- Review brand assets, fonts, colours and provided templates
- Design appropriate templates for each channel (much more effective than reusing the same image)
- Read the blog post
- Search and evaluate existing brand photography folders for appropriate image
- Source and license stock photography for appropriate image if necessary
- Edit chosen image to suit topic, text placement and brand voice
- Upload with appropriate alt text and descriptions. Main image is added to blog post, FB image is added to sharing plug-in, pinnable image is hidden but shows when pinning article.
The Finished Project
Original image for blog post
Edited to work well on Facebook
Portrait images work better on Pinterest